A Book Has A story, This Story Has A Book
What SaltStack For DevOps Teaches
This book is a fruit of long hours of work and self-learning. Through this book, it's your turn to discover Saltstack, I will be your guide.
The 10 most important tips you’ll learn
- Configuration Management And Data Center Automation.
- Advanced installation of SaltStack with a practical installation case.
- Configuration and troubleshooting.
- SaltStack concepts like master, minion, syndic, key management, runners, configurations, states and top file, event-based execution, formulas.
- Using SaltStack to provision and control a Vagrant environment.
- Using SaltStack with a Docker container and monitoring Docker host system.
- Using Salt Cloud to provision and configure virtual machine on the Cloud
- Real world examples: installation and configuration of Apache web server, creating you own private storage cloud (SaltStack + Vagrant + OwnCloud), monitoring minions, scheduling monitoring tasks, automating wordpress / LAMP installation and configuration, using Vagrant and Docker..etc
- SaltStack best practices with a practical cheat sheet.
- Getting help and contributing to SaltStack community